Friday, May 30, 2003

I got a promotion today at my Young Audiences job !?!?!? But I don't understand how it worked (and I was too shocked to ask questions!) There are some budget "issues", (are there are with almost all arts organizations right now) so they are "re-structuring" (the nice term for cutting positions). I'm not quite sure how that worked, but I'm going to get more money, a better title, and more hours out of this "restructuring".
I'm not quite sure how I feel about all this (I think pormotions are supposed to feel a lot better than I'm feeling . . . ) I do not yet know who/ what is being cut - - but I suspect it's more than one person or program. After we talked, the director told me to leave (a half hour early!) because she didn't want the rest of the staff to ask me what was up. She also said it would be a very difficult day for her (ugh).