Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Everything you ever wanted to know about Ringworm!
Why would I be researching ringworm? One of my kidos has had it for three weeks - but didn't bother to tell the school. I work at a very touch-y school (lots of hugs and hand holding!) and apperently ringworm is spread very quickly through physical contact - one of our staff members got infected over the weekend (which is how all this came out - (Can we say EPIDEMIC boys and girls?!) I've been feeling sorry for myself and itching ever since I found out (behold the power of suggestion!!)

Then . . . something very cool happened tonight -- Sue M. (JC art teacher extradonire) had a sign on her door last year that sorta explains it . . .

When life is a
window
we see beauty,
opportunity,
and the needs
of others.
When life is a
mirror
we see
only ourselves.


There was a "window moment" tonight. Who knows if it was right? Or wrong? Naive? Dangerous? Just plain stupid? I donno - but it was cool (esp. since I've been literally watching myself in a mirror for two days - - just in case I become a "ringworm myrtar"!!!)