Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Once a Nerd Always a Nerd!
In 1987, Jacquelynne Eccles, a senior research scientist at the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research, asked 900 high school sophomores which of the five character types in the popular 1985 coming-of-age movie "The Breakfast Club" they most resembled: Jocks, Princesses, Basket Cases, Brains or Criminals . . . .

Scarey . . . Science says I'm doomed to be a nerd forever - although in High School I wasn't a very good nerd since I never qualified for AP classes or Honor Society - - - Sue S. made it into Honor Society even though she got caught cheating on several English tests and didn't take any math beyond geometry. (grumble grumble) Not that I was bitter or anything!! (grumble grumble grumble) I can't decide if Sue S.would be a Princess or Basket Case - - maybe a criminal?!? hhhhhmmmmmm . . . . I'm suddenly looking forward to a H.S. reunion!!!