Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Random Thoughts on War
* This is gonna suck (but will it really affect me in any significant way? Probably not. I won't have bombs going off in my bedroom at night, or tanks parked in my driveway).
* Saddam H. is an evil crazy man. This evil crazy man supposedly has horrible weapons and evil connections. But now, it's only a matter of time before he is killed or taken from power, so he has become an evil crazy man with nothing to loose . . . . there is NOTHING stoping him (or one of his buddies) from nuking the whole planet tonight
* I have friend who is stationed overseas (she can't say where . . . hhhhmmmmm......) She's well trained, very qualified, and would kick my butt if she knew I worried - but it's getting hard not to worry.
* Jon has some interesting ideas on his site.
* There was a reporter on the news tonight who is still in Bagdad. IS SHE INSANE?
* Where are the yellow ribbons that were everywhere durring the Gulf War??
* How does a rushhour protest, a class walk out, a rally, or any of the civil disobedience planned for next week change anything? Yeah, I'm glad you're willing to do jail time (or detention time, or get hit by a semi) to protest - but the protests are worthless . . . .
* I hope it's fast and painless. I hope NAVY SEALS to sneak in tonight, kidnap the royal Iraq-y family and bring them to an island somewhere, tell the world they went into exille and everyone lives happily ever after.
* If Iraq somehow attacks the US . . . would France be obligied to fight with the US under the rules of NATO??