Friday, January 31, 2003

The good news . . . I feel great!!! For the first time in 4 days I don't want to crawl back into bed and hide from the world. I can swallow without pain. I can breathe! BUT . . . I have no voice. (none, nadie, zipo, zilch!) Not talking is far more difficult than I would have expected it to be (I'm such a chatterbox you know!!) I'm gonna have a great time teaching this afternoon (a Milli Vanilli Music Teacher!!!)

UPDATE: I was being scarcastic when I wrote "I'm gonna have a great time teaching this afternoon" But it ended up being really FUN!! The kids loved trying to guess my pantomines and sound out the messages I wrote down. (I was quite the novelty - - one kid told her classroom teacher "Ms. VW forgot how to talk!" Several other kids tried wanted me to explain why my voice was gone (Try to explain lyrangitis to a 7 year old without talking!!)