Friday, December 20, 2002

"Boys. . . ." said Bea Romo, sort of rolllng her eyes, 'You're certainly not going to win any brain awards."

"Well, I don't want a brain award," said Robert.

"Me too," said Gilbert. "I don't want a brain award either."

"Unless they give money with it." said Robert.

"Do they give money with it?" said Gilbert. "In that case maybe I'll take it."

"Money or candy," said Gilbert, "or a trophy."

"Or a medal," said Robert.

"Unless they pin the medal right directly into your brain," said Gilbert. "In that case, no I don't want it."

"Me too," said Robert. "If they're going to stick a pin into my brain about it, forget it."

"Boys, stop talking" said Bea Romo.

"Okay," said Robert. "But no brain awards."

"And that's final." said Gilbert.


From The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip by George Saunders
(Thank you brother dear! I love it!!)