Thursday, October 31, 2002

From ArtsJournal
The President of the United States apparently has a bit more time on his hands than many people think. According to author and Marine Reserve veteran Gabe Hudson, President Bush was anything but pleased to receive a copy of Hudson's well-reviewed story collection entitled Dear Mr. President, and sent back a note calling the book "unpatriotic and ridiculous and just plain bad writing." Hudson further claims that FBI agents have been showing up at his most recent book signings. The White House isn't commenting.
Read the entire article here

2 other interesting artsjounral articles today This one about the purpose of education (Only read the first page so far) and another one about why an orchestra SHOULD shut down. (insteresting ideas, I ought to disagree, but I don't think I can)

There's been an idea floating around in my head for at least 5 months now - and these articles are feeding that idea a bit more than I'm comfortable with. I'm still thinking (and if I follow through on this idea, it'll be a whole lotta work!) I donno - we'll see (I need to think more before I can do anything with this tiny little silly impractical notion - but it's slowly growing bigger and less silly.

Anyway - I've been on this computer all morning long and I still haven't checked my e mail or gotten anything productive done (but that's not too big of a deal because I only teach one class today - - yippe for reward parties - UGH for Halloween parties and kids out of uniform! It's gonna be a crazy day!)